Monday, July 9, 2012

Aqua Jenny Lind Twin Bed: Before and After

                                           Hallelujah!


Did you know -  Jenny lind, was an opera singer in the 1800s.  She was known as the Swedish Nightingale.  She was so popular, furniture styles were named in her honor!

I love the intricate turned style post of the Jenny lind line. I particularly love the ones on Land of Nod! The raspberry, the azure and the white. So much so, that the aqua one was pinned to  pinterest




Raspberry Jenny Lind Bed




Bed_JennyLind_Azure_V2_0112






So that is why I was singing Hallelujah when I came across this at the D.I. (thrift store).  A twin size never been used, still in the box, Jenny Lind bed.




Even though I had pinned the aqua one to pinterest, I struggled with what color to paint it.  So I called my daughter, Erin and asked her to make a decision on the color - she wouldn't!


Photo: Our family of FIVE! Crazy :) http://instagr.am/p/MoKivICFXc/

 So I went to my paint closet. I had enough of the aqua paint to complete the bed without making a trip to the store to buy more. I am happy I had the paint because it is Perfect! 









The only problem I ran into, was it did not have rails.  So I bought some old metal ones to make it a complete bed!

I know I am a lucky girl, I always find the Treasure!

Linked to these fabulous Linky Parties:
Elizabeth and Co.
Coastal Charm
Tip Junkie
Sweet Little Gals
Primitive and Proper
Primp
Liz Marie
Krafty Kat
Classy Clutter

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What kind of paint did you use for this? And did you have to sand it or use primer?